I know this feeling will go away soon, but there's nothing that brings me down more than when my life becomes void of variety.
A Day in the Life of Lisa. I get on the metro. Doors are closing. Please stand clear of the doors. Nine stops. I get to work. My windowless flourescent office awaits me. I read seemingly identical pages - minute by minute. There is no ticking clock, but I can hear it loudly and slowly - very very slowly, slowly - in my head. I mark with the red flag. Then the green. Then with the blue. I want to scream. Then again with the red. At last 3 hours have gone by and it is time for lunch. I note the calories on my frozen meal. I microwave it and I eat my frozen meal. I count my pocket change to see if I have enough for a Diet Coke. I eat it while I check the weather forecast and the headlines. They are the same as they were the last time I checked - ten minutes ago. Back to work. Another 4 and 1/2 hours of the minutes slowly passing by as I look at seemingly identical pages. At last the work day ends. Three blocks to the metro, nine stops til home.
Hopefully I can put all of this behind me soon. I want my days to be filled with laughter and variety and the world and God. Not this lifeless, souless existence I have at my office. It is devoid of everything.
Without Esther, Tom, Steve, and Ian I would go completely mad in my flourescent world. Thank you for helping me through.
And thank you for George and my sister and Becca & Shelly and my other friends who help me live on "the outside." Without you, my 9-to-5 would wither me away like a wicked witch drenched in water.
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment