Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Little Gecko

Little gecko on the wall,
tell me how you do not fall.
Your sticky feet are the envy of mine
they help you hang, they help you climb.
What its like, the view from up there?
What do you see? And do you care?

While mosquitoes and flies are your favorite fare,
when you see my cat you're found nowhere.
I do not blame you for I have seen
how his teeth and claws can be so mean.

Despite the dangers of gecko life,
you continue to climb as if free from strife.
Is this just an act I see?
Or are you ever longing to be free
from the ruthless attacks of my darling Quincy?

Dear little gecko, forgive me if
I've been an accomplice in an untimely death.
I've meant no harm, I've meant no pain,
for hurt to you, brings me no gain.

You're always welcome inside our home;
the walls are always yours to roam.
But whatever you do, wherever you tread,
please don't climb inside our bed!

No comments: