Saturday, June 07, 2008

My New Digs: Classroom P-15

Instead of getting all my end-of-year wrap-up tasks completed this week, I spent nearly all of my non-classtime packing and moving. I am moving classrooms from one side of my school's large campus to the other. I was sad to leave the room that contained so many memories of the start of my teaching career and and memories made with my wonderful students who helped make it home. Still, the move was necessary. As I will be teaching mainly 7th graders next year, I needed to be closer to the other intermediate grade teachers.

My new classroom will be very similar to my old one, but it is a bit nicer in a few ways. It is a bit larger and I have more bulletin board space. The location is a bit better, too. I'm closer to the computer lab, the front office, the registrar, and the cafeteria. Maybe I can actually make it to the teacher lunchroom once in a while this year! Anyway, here is a picture of my new room. I have a LONG way to go in terms of unpacking and making it home, but the new school year is nearly 2 months away, so there is time. I'm excited to think of all the things that will happen in my new room.

No comments: