Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Birthday Submarine Trip!

After having thirty some-odd birthdays in cold and snowy weather, having my birthday in Hawaii was a very welcomed change. George got me some very nice presents, including boogie boards and some pretty vintage-style Hawaiian prints to hang on our still-rather-bare walls. I got lovely greetings and gifts from back East. (I can't wait to get the tent, ladies!)

The main event of the weekend, however, was a submarine trip right off of Waikiki beach. George and I departed, along with our friend Jason, from the Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel on a shuttle boat that took us out to the submarine. From there we climbed down a little port-hole into the main cabin of the submarine. We each had a little seat and window to see out into the beautiful underwater landscape. We saw lots of interesting fish and reef life: sea turtles, sharks, schools of fish, and even a 5-ft barracuda! A lot of my photos didn't come out very well, but I got a few nice shots. You can see the pics here and a few videos from the day here.

1 comment:

Lisa Deanna said...

For Abigail:

As I stepped down into the porthole, I could feel the mystery building in my heart. George reached out to catch my fall as a slipped from the penultimate step. I collasped into his arms, a warm embrace really. He leaned down and gave me a deep passionate kiss.

....On the boatride back, a creepy tourist attempted to take my photo, but George gallantly came to my rescue and photographed him instead!